Chicago, Illinois
35th operating temple
Dedicated: 9 Aug 1985
By: Gordon B. Hinckley
Book of Mormon
Jacob 5:35-48
Come Follow Me
D&C 26:2 "All things shall be done by common consent in the church."
Henry B. Eyring: "The Power of Sustaining Faith" AGC 2019
"The Scriptures are Real" Kerry Muhlstein & Lamar Newmeyer
D&C 27-28
October General Conference
'Days Never To Be Forgotten'
Elder Gary E. Stevenson
"I testify that those who approach the Lord with a sincere heart and real intent, those who have the name of the Savior upon their lips and the Holy Spirit in their souls, those who embark upon this grand and glorious pilgrimage will discover and experience bounteous celestial blessings and receive a witness that God hears you, knows you, and loves you. You will experience days never to be forgotten."
Up at 4am to work on my lesson outline. I read through the outline taken from President Freeman's talk and I liked it. I added some questions and quotes and felt like I was ready.
While I was setting up in the Relief Society room Sister Gassaway was talking to Brother Skousen, her priesthood advisor for Primary. When they were finished I handed Sister Gassaway the bag with the handouts for the Primary teachers and leaders. She thanked me. James took the handouts for the Young Women leaders and gave them to Sandra Wilhelm.
Abigail Jameson was one of the speakers in sacrament meeting. She is leaving on her mission on March 31st and will be going to the Brisbane, Australia mission. President Beeler was the presiding authority on the stand. I think he tries to go hear all of the missionaries speak before they leave.
Abigail Jameson - The life of Jesus Christ. In premortality he was the Great Jehovah. Jesus lived a perfect life. He embodied His gospel. Love your enemies. Matt. 30:13-17 Jesus's baptism. Perfect obedience. 2 Nephi 31: Jesus's baptism - below all things Jordan River. Covenant relationship with God. I love Jesus Christ and that is why I am serving a mission.
Lannie Gillespie - Moroni 10:6, Brain filter, Elder Teixera ye are the salt of the earth. Salt bound to the Savior. Common things can remind us of the Savior - light, sheep, shepherd, branches...
D&C 84:88, We need to look for the Savior everyday in common things. Share with others. As I seeing others as the Savior wants me to see them? Where did I find the Savior this week? If you search for Him you will find Him. I see Him in you. Find Him in all you do.
Search for Him.
I started out the discussion in Relief Society by reading D&C 25 out loud with the sisters and discussing it. I never even used my lesson outline the entire time. I asked questions and used quotes and there was a lot of discussion but what happened to using my outline? People came up to me afterwards and said they enjoyed the lesson which made me feel a little better. One of my former young women, Shelly Applegate came up to talk to me afterwards as did Paula Johnson, Millie Scott, Cheryl Sedig, and Rosie Lauritzen.
When we got home James and I had a snack, a biscuit with butter and jam, and then we both took naps. I was pretty tired.
It was a beautiful day today with the high around 60 and no wind. I guess spring is really here. We will continue to pray for more moisture and go to the temple regularly when it re-opens.
I had asked James to go see the cross this afternoon. He said it would be better if we waited until dark it would be all lit up. We left a little after 7. It was about 7:20 when we stopped at Richard and Cress Miller's to give them an invitation to Owen's farewell party. They were already in bed but not yet asleep. They have three young grandchildren living with them and Richard gets up very early as a truck driver so I knew they would probably be in bed if we waited until on the way home. When we got to the cross, disappointment set in, it was not turned on. The cross is close to the Kenyon's and James gave them an invitation to Owen's party too. I told him he should have asked Brother Kenyon why the cross wasn't on and he agreed.
I thought I would catch up on my blog today but my computer was acting up and it took me much longer than I thought so I only got through Friday.
No comments:
Post a Comment