Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Mon, May 9th, 2022: Houston Texas Temple, Flying Dishwasher, Owen's German chocolate cake, CFM, Charlie, Addy, James rubs my feet

 

Houston, Texas
97th operating temple
Dedicated: 26 Aug 2000
By: Gordon B. Hinckley

Jesus Christ, Savior
Moses 1:6
And I have a work for thee, Moses, my son; and thou art in the similitude of mine Only Begotten; and mine Only Begotten is and shall be the Savior, for he is full of grace and truth; but there is no God beside me, and all things are present with me, for I know them all.
Book of Mormon
Mosiah 26:14-39
"Come Follow Me"
Numbers 11-14; 20-24 "Rebel not ye against the Lord, Neither Fear"

AprGenCon
"We Each Have a Story"
Elder Gerrit W. Gong
Of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles
Do you know your story? What your name means? World population grew from 1.1 billion people in 1820 to nearly 7.8 billion in 2020. The year 1820 seems to be an inflection point in history. Many born after 1820 have living memory and records to identify several gamily generations. Can you think of a special, sweet memory with a grandparent or other family member?
Inklings
"Covenants with God"
Sister Jean B. Bingham
Jude 1

I got a message from Sue Hubble this morning. I am her ministering sister. She sent the message at 10:30 last night. I was already asleep.
This is what the message said: 
Hi,
Tabitha's health is declining, 
looking into home health care.
Looking for someone to redo the tub/shower into
a walk-in shower. If you
know of anyone, let me know.
Thank you
Sue's daughter Tabitha, a young mother with two children, has unoperable brain cancer and is not expected to live too much longer. She has been doing cancer treatments in the valley and is coming back up to her home in Show Low for awhile. I told James and he said she should look up contractors in the Yellow pages or on Google. I told him this was a good opportunity to do some service and missionary work. Tabitha is a member, but she is not active. He said he would talk to Chuck, our elder's quorum president.

After scriptures and prayer this morning James left to go to Globe with Owen Peeler. They are taking down appliances to Owen and Donna's house. They loaded in the back of James's truck a stove, dishwasher, sink, and faucet. They did not get very far with the dishwasher. It flew out of the back of the truck and bounced across the ground as soon as James got up to 60 mph. James offered to pay for it but Owen said, "no way, you've already saved me thousands of dollars."

When James got home this afternoon I was in the middle of making Owen a German chocolate birthday cake. The Come Follow Me group is coming over tonight and this is what we are having for refreshments. It's the Crane's turn but they are still in the valley.

James loaded up the trash and said he had to pick up the dishwasher too and take it to the dump. 

At 6:00 this evening our friends Donna & Owen Peeler, Barbara Bartels, and Pierce Goodman came over for "Come Follow Me." 
Of course James and Owen had to tell the story about losing the dishwasher off the back of James's truck. Pierce had a story of his own. He said he was out in his storage building and saw a plug that he didn't recognize plugged in, so he unplugged it. It was plugged to three freezers the Bowen's had stored there. He says he defrosted about $2,000 worth of meat.

We had a good gospel discussion and then James and I served the cake, serving Owen first. Everyone seemed to like it. James told me it was the best German chocolate cake he had ever had and Pierce went home with a second piece. I did not have any cake this evening but will have my sometime tomorrow afternoon. I have lost 10 lbs. since I weighed at the doctor in April.


Owen's cake
The Peeler's and their daughter Sarena







James gives the best foot massages


Campe of Israel with the Tabernacle
in the middle.





  






No comments: